Tuesday 18 June 2013

PURSUE THE FAVOURITE THINGS

SOURCE
Hi.
In need of a chance to get all the girlies together for some fun, I recently hosted a favourite things party.
Now, if you haven't heard of a favourite things party before, where have you been?! I first came across the concept on good ol' Pinterest (big surprise) and I straight away decided I HAD to have one.

I made a few invitations using my beloved typewriter, wrapped them in a doily, brown paper and string and handed them out to my favourite ladies.
The invitation asked each person to chose a favourite thing and bring 4 lots of it to give in exchange for 4 of the other ladies favourite things. I also asked each person to bring along a favourite food to share. Our favourite foods included donuts, an ombre pink cake and cheese, all of which we enjoyed with cocktails in jars.

Andy served as quiz master and created a 'pub quiz' for us, complete with name that song and picture questions. He is a clever boy. We also played 'who am I?' and a rather aggressive and equally hilarious game of 'snap'. We had so much fun! There was a 'girls night' photo booth with props and a chalkboard, which served for plenty of entertaining moments.
The favourite thing swap was a highlight of the night for me. I love giving presents and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't also love receiving them. I chose to give each lady a bunch of coloured roses and in return I was given some really lovely and thoughtful things in return.
I really enjoy planning and hosting parties but I must say that this has been my favourite so far. I had an awesome night, enjoyed some yummy eats and definitely one too many cosmos. I spent some time with some lovely ladies and came away with some awesome goodies that I'm still enjoying now.


I'm totally considering making this an annual thing. Who wants an invite?!
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment