Tuesday 14 May 2013

PURSUE THE LAZY DAY THINGS

Hello.
Today has been a well needed lazy day for me and the babe. A lazy day at home to do things we enjoy. And to clean. Which was not so enjoyable.
It's been a while since we have baked together. It has also been a while since I have baked just for the fun of it. So, today we baked.
I had a couple of rather ripe bananas so we whipped up some good ol' banana bread. Banana bread is the perfect thing to cook with Isobel. It's easy peasy and she can join in with every stage. In fact, I'm not really sure I actually did much at all.


What we used
2 large bananas
1 egg
50g butter
100g caster sugar
200g gluten free plain flour
2 tablespoons runny honey
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

What we did
Mashed up our bananas.
Added the other ingredients and combined.
Put into a greased loaf tin and popped into the oven at around 180 for 50 minutes.

As well as baking and the obligatory eating of the baking, we have done a ton of reading today. Isobel simply adores books and I simply adore that about her.
I take a strange pride in the fact that most of the books that fill our shelves are from charity shops. During a recent trip to my local charity shop I picked up a lovely book called 'Sounds' by Peggy Blakeley (along with a number of other lovely things that Andy has yet to find dotted around the house).
I fell in love with the darling 1960's illustrations as soon as I opened it and I am now on a mission to hunt down copies of the other 11 titles in the 'things I like' series.











We have had a lovely lazy day today, doing a few of the things we love. I hope you had a great day too.
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment